CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 25, 2011

Fantabulous Friday Finds ~ flower edition

Today I thought I share some fun DIY flowers :)  My girls and I love making flowers, I've also taught several classes on making flowers and it's so addicting :)

A few tips I've found is buy your clips from a beauty supply store. I got a hundred for 5.00.  I always glue ribbon around my clips, it makes them look more finished and professional. Old shirts are great for cutting into strips for making rosettes. Plus you can use the flowers for other things besides your hair. I made some with pins on the back so i can interchange them on my shirts and cardigans. I also use the flowers for purses and scripture bags. You can even make cute necklaces with them :)


These one's are so fun and easy. I like them for shirts especially. Live originally gives great instructions on how to make them.


This one from still dottie is so classy and pretty.


My girls love these zipper flowers. We've made a ton around here! d thats sew me shows you how to make some.


Here's some really pretty felt ones from mrs priss that I can't wait to make.


We love the rolled fabric hairthings. We have them in every color :)  lil blue boo shows you how to make them.


 tator tots and jello  also has a great tutorial on rolled fabric flowers. I think the wrist band would so great for easter.


I love that there are so many different versions of fabric flowers. miss lovie creations has another cute fabric flower that she shows us how to make.


We've made so many singed flowers around here that my 7 year old can make them with her eyes closed.  We have found a candle works great. I made them for a YW activity and the girls all loved them. We added feathers to some of them. craftaholics anonymous shows you how to make them.

Well hopefully there is a few ideas for you. I know we'll be making some more around here this weekend!

1 comments:

Katie

Hi Jodi! Thanks so much for mentioning my little tutorial!! :D I just can't resist any project that involves fabric! ;) Thanks for posting the others as well - so many great ideas!