CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Menu's

So each Monday I'm going to share my favorite dinner ideas and a dessert too.....cause I love food! lol.  I always try and do one new meal a week at our house. It's so fun to try out new recipes. We definitely have some favorites around here too.

[DSC_0001.JPG]
Just thought I'd share a easy teriyaki recipe. I love to throw this in the morning into the crock pot and let it cook all day.
As many Chicken thighs as you want ( I throw in around 12)
3 cups soy sauce
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp ginger
salt and pepper
water to cover chicken


After chicken is cooked (I cook it 8 hours on low) I peel off the skin before I serve it. The skin keeps the moisture in while it's cooking. Chicken thighs work the best. Breasts get too dry. Really good over Botan rice.
And here's a really yummy dessert!
Pumpkin crisp
Mix
1 lg can of pumpkin
1 big can of sweetened cond milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
and pour into bottom of casserole dish.
Sprinkle one box yellow cake mix on top.
Add over top 2 cubes melted butter and bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Oh la la this is so good. Add a spoonful  of cool whip on top.

Seriously better than even pumpkin pie! I highly recommend this yummy pumpkin crisp!
Thanks~

0 comments: